Monday 16 May 2011

Not much about.

A late morning start, and as I was near minsmere I popped in on the off chance the red-rumped swallow was still about. However after scanning the reed bed from island mere for an hour it was evident that the bird was not present. Several swifts were hawkjng and it seems they have come in within the last few days.
Next stop was thorpeness but again this was quite, altough a small passage of hirundines kept my hopes of finding a red rump alive. Scanning the ever moving flock the odd pale rump only brouht house martins.
North warren south marsh also held several hirundines that were feeding low over the water as a rain storm pushed up from the south. Again no red rump was found but did keep me on my toes. I checked the gulls just in case but surprise surprise no Audouins Gull.
Next stop was hazelwood marshes, again birds were thin on the ground but a whimbrel and a egyptian goose were a nice find.
With the wind not swinging until late on in the week i think pickings will be thin on the ground, save a mega or two( well you have to keep positive).
Published with Blogger-droid v1.6.8

No comments:

Post a Comment